Basic Concepts of SEO
Basic Concepts of SEO
Now-a-days, even the smallest company uses the Internet as a main tool in building a customer base, keeping in contact with their clients and this is also their most basic means of advertising. Basic SEO is all about common sense and simplicity. The purpose of search engine optimization is to make a website as search engine friendly as possible.
Hence Search engines helps to connect to the Internet users with the information they’re seeking. Search engines analyze the words on webpages, especially words that are repeated or otherwise called out: in boldface, in a headline, in a link, and so on. The engine records those important words and phrases—the page’s keywords—on its servers.
A website does not get a very high page ranking by paying any money to the search engine. The content of your website should be considered valuable by the search engine.
As spiders follow links and record everything in their paths, one can safely assume that if a link to a site exists, a spider will find that site. There is no need to manually or electronically submit your site to the major search engines. The search spiders are perfectly capable of finding it on their own, provided a link to your site exists somewhere on the web.
However, there are many companies, which pay money to search engines for displaying their advertisement whenever someone is searching for a particular keyword, product or service.
One of the most important basic SEO tips is to provide clear paths for spiders to follow from point A to point Z in your website.
People usually click the links on the first page of results, so sites at the top of the list are more likely to get visitors. And more visitors can mean more page views, more leads, more sales, more ad revenue, and other business benefits.
A number of SEO (search engine optimization) techniques exist to give sites an advantage in this ranking, and many of these apply to Web design. But as a content creator, your best SEO techniques are (1) to write information-rich copy that people will want to read and link to and (2) to figure out which words people are likely to use in searches, and then embed those keywords throughout your copy.
There are a few key considerations to keep in mind while doing your SEO.
Keyword density in your webpage
Keyword in Title
Keyword in Meta tag (Deprecated)
Keywords in the end of the page
Keyword in the Heading tag
Keyword in Italics
Placing your keyword in prominent positions will enable you to get a good ranking in the search engines
* Good SEO copywriting makes your page more readable for both search engines and humans. It helps your website attract visitors, but it also helps your visitors find substantial, relevant content.
* The content which is present on the website should also be updated on a regular basis. Search engine optimization or SEO involves making use of the right words in the content of the website and making sure that the website has been designed in the right manner so that it gets a high ranking with all the search engines.
* Page Title: The title of the HTML page should be relatively short and describe the page content accurately. Wherever possible, try to include keywords.
* Meta tags: Use the description and keywords metatags in the head of each web page. Make these tags different on each web page.
* Heading Tags: Use heading tags. Many search engines place more emphasis on text within heading tags, so make sure they use keywords. Use one <h1> tag per page with the most important keywords. Use other head tags (<h2>, <h3>, etc) to provide variations and support the main heading.
* Page Text: Make sure the text of your web pages contain keywords and common phrases which people might search for. Be careful with the frequency of your keywords – you want to have them occur at least a few times if possible, but don’t repeat yourself so much that the copy becomes unnatural. The idea is to discretely spread keywords around without making it obvious.
* Link Building: Google and other search engines record, as part of their search algorithm, the number of websites which link to the same particular site. Each link from one site to another is essentially seen as a vote of popularity in the eyes of the search engines.
So, more backlinks a site has, the more popular it must be and therefore the higher up the search rankings it will go. An important point to make is the relevancy of the site where the backlinks are coming from
* Content Creation: The more content you have on your pages, you’ll begin ranking in Google for search terms you didn’t even realize were on your sight.
Hence many SEO experts continue researching and learning about it to keep up to date to all the changes in the field.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Nick Names of Places in India
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes