Components of Informatica PowerCenter
Components of Informatica PowerCenter
Informatica PowerCenter is not just a tool but an end-to-end data processing and data integration environment. Informatica PowerCenter facilitates organizations to collect, centrally process and redistribute data. Informatica PowerCenter can be used just to integrate two different systems like SAP and MQ Series or to load data warehouses or Operational Data Stores (ODS).
Now Informatica PowerCenter also includes many add-on tools to report the data being processed, business rules applied and quality of data before and after processing.
Informatica PowerCenter includes the following components:
Power Center domain
Power Center repository
Power Center Client
Web Services Hub
SAP BW Service
Power Center Repository Reports
The Power Center domain is the primary unit for management and administration within PowerCenter. Informatica Power Center domain is the collection of all the servers required to support Power Center functionality. Each domain has gateway (called domain server) hosts. Whenever you want to use Power Center services you send a request to domain server. Based on request type it redirects your request to one of the Power Center services.
Repository is nothing but a relational database which stores all the metadata created in Power Center. Whenever you develop mapping, session, workflow, execute them or do anything meaningful (literally), entries are made in the repository.
Integration Service does all the real job. It extracts data from sources, processes it as per the business logic and loads data to targets.
Repository Service is the one that understands content of the repository, fetches data from the repository and sends it back to the requesting components (mostly client tools and integration service)
PowerCenter Client Tools:
The PowerCenter Client consists of multiple tools. PowerCenter Client tools are used to manage users, define sources and targets, build mappings and mapplets with the transformation logic, and create workflows to run the mapping logic. The PowerCenter Client connects to the repository through the Repository Service to fetch details. It connects to the Integration Service to start workflows. So essentially client tools are used to code and give instructions to PowerCenter servers.
PowerCenter Administration Console:
This is simply a web-based administration tool you can use to administer the PowerCenter installation.
Web Services Hub:
Web Services Hub exposes PowerCenter functionality to external clients through web services.
SAP BW Service:
The SAP BW Service extracts data from and loads data to SAP BW.
Data Analyzer is like a reporting layer to perform analytics on data warehouse or ODS data.
Metadata Manager is a metadata management tool that you can use to browse and analyze metadata from disparate metadata repositories. It shows how the data is acquired, what business rules are applied and where data is populated in readable reports.
PowerCenter Repository Reports:
PowerCenter Repository Reports are a set of prepackaged Data Analyzer reports and dashboards to help you analyze and manage PowerCenter metadata.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes
- Software Testing Tools Training Institutes