Computer Networking Security concepts
Computer Networking Security concepts
Computer security policies are the basic guidelines and rules for accessing a network. Computer network security is a complicated area, and is taken up by experts with many years of on-the-job experience. The need for general users to understand the concepts of network security has become important. One should know the risks involved in using the computer without the security systems, and learn how to deal with them successfully both at home and at work.
Benefits of Computer Networking Security :
1. A good computer network security ensures that your company meets the mandatory regulatory compliance because network security helps protect sensitive data and reduces the risk of legal action from affected parties due to data theft.
2. Security services measures are implemented to protect the computers in your office by ensuring their integrity, reliability, usability and safety of your computer network and data. Effective network security targets a variety of threats and stops them from entering or spreading on your network.
3. Network Security also saves your company a lot of embarrassment by not getting bad media attention that follows any security breach, it also protects from unwanted (and usually expensive) disruptions
4. Computer Network security ensures the protection of your most important asset – your business reputation.
There are two popular types of computer network security systems:
Transit security and Traffic regulation systems.
When both of these join forces you can be assured of the delivery of important information to the right person without any network pilferage problems. The receiver should also ensure that the information received should be carefully processed using a computer which is loaded and protected with latest protection software.
Computer Network Security concepts
Network security starts from authenticating the user, commonly with a username and a password. Since this requires just one thing besides the user name, i.e. the password which is something you ‘know’, this is sometimes termed one factor authentication.
Once authenticated, a firewall enforces access policies such as what services are allowed to be accessed by the network users. Though effective to prevent unauthorized access, this component may fail to check potentially harmful content such as computer worms or Trojans being transmitted over the network.
Anti-virus software or an intrusion prevention system (IPS) helps detect and inhibit the action of such malware.
A firewall prevents access to an internal system from the outside the company via the internet on any open ports. A firewall will also prevent internal network users from accessing certain internet sites which could be dangerous or offensive.
Implementation of Network Security
Network security and Wireless Network Security measures are not limited to installation of up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware, anti-adware, properly configured state-of-the-art firewalls, intrusion prevention systems and virtual private networks (VPN’s), to ensure secure remote access.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes
- Software Testing Tools Training Institutes
- SAP Training Institutes