Google Search or Google Web Search is a web search engine owned by Google Inc. and is the most-used search engine on the Web. Google Search engine was originally developed by Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1997. google search engine is Launched in September 15, 1997. Google receives several hundred million queries each day through its various services. The main purpose of Google Search is to hunt for text in WebPages, as opposed to other data, such as with Google Image Search.
Google Search provides at least 22 special features beyond the original word-search capability. These include synonyms, weather forecasts, time zones, stock quotes, maps, earthquake data, movie show times, airports, home listings, and sports scores. There are special features for numbers, including ranges (70..73), prices, temperatures, money/unit conversions (“10.5 cm in inches”), calculations (“3*4+sqrt(6)-pi/2″), package tracking, patents, area codes and language translation of displayed pages.
The order of search results on Google’s search-results pages is based, on many factors. Google Search provides many options for customized search using Boolean operators such as: exclusion (“-xx”), inclusion (“+xx”), alternatives (“xx OR yy”), and wildcard (“x * x”).
The frequency of use of many search terms have reached a volume that they may indicate broader economic, social and health trends. Data about the frequency of use of search terms on Google (available through Google Adwords, Google Trends, and Google Insights for Search) have been shown to correlated with flu outbreaks and unemployment levels and provide the information faster than traditional reporting methods and government surveys.
The exact percentage of the total of web pages that Google indexes are not known, as it is very hard to actually calculate. Google not only indexes and caches web pages but also takes “snapshots” of other file types, which include PDF, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, Flash SWF, plain text files, and so on. Except in the case of text and SWF files, the cached version is a conversion to (X)HTML, allowing those without the corresponding viewer application to read the file.
Users can customize the search engine, by setting a default language, using the “Safe Search” filtering technology and set the number of results shown on each page. Google has been criticized for placing long-term cookies on user’s machines to store these preferences, a tactic which also enables them to track a user’s search terms and retain the data for more than a year. For any query, up to the first 1000 results can be shown with a maximum of 100 displayed per page. The ability to specify the number of results is available only if “Instant Search” is not enabled. If “Instant Search” is enabled, only 10 results are displayed, regardless of this setting.
Since Google is the most popular search engine, many webmasters have become eager to influence their website’s Google rankings. An industry of consultants has arisen to help websites increase their rankings on Google and on other search engines. This field, called search engine optimization, attempts to discern patterns in search engine listings, and then develop a methodology for improving rankings to draw more searchers to their client’s sites.
Search engine optimization encompasses both “on page” factors (like body copy, title elements, H1 heading elements and image alt attribute values) and Off Page Optimization factors (like anchor text and Page Rank). The general idea is to affect Google’s relevance algorithm by incorporating the keywords being targeted in various places “on page”, in particular the title element and the body copy (note: the higher up in the page, presumably the better its keyword prominence and thus the ranking). Too many occurrences of the keyword, however, cause the page to look suspect to Google’s spam checking algorithms.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes
- Software Testing Tools Training Institutes