How to Prepare for Civils
Today, though the people are becoming corporate employees which offers the best salaries and perks, but most of the youngsters and their parents are still longing for their children in the entry to the prestigious Civil Services. These civil services exams are conducted by the government to choose suitable administrators are hired in the government due to very limited seats available and so many students appear multiple times to clear the civil services exam. The civils examines the candidate from the starting stage of their preparation.
1. Person who is preparing for civils basically must have a knowledge of the contents and structure of the civil services exam and the process. Civils preparations have three-step process: 1. Preliminary Exam (Prelims). 2. Main Exam (Mains) and 3. Interview.
The Preliminary exam consists of two tests of two hours each. These Prelims are used as a screening mechanism to reach the next process i.e. Mains exam. The Main Exam consists of 9 tests.
And the third process is interview is the last stage of the selection process. In this interview process twice the number of candidates are invited for interview than the number of vacancies.
2. For appearing civils the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) is the two objective type question papers which has 2 hours of time duration and two hundred marks for each paper. The General Studies and the other is General Aptitude Paper are now replaced for the optional subject.
3. Those who have decided to appear for the Civil Services Exam, they must start the preparations as early as possible. A candidate must remember that the time gap between the declaration of result of Preliminary Exam and Main Exam is very less, so one should start preparations for both prelims and Mains at the same time.
4. A candidate can have a glance at past exam papers which gives an idea about the kind of questions that are asked previously. Since there may be changes in formats of question papers which creates a lot of mental discomfort to the students, so instead of memorizing the facts and figures candidates should develop reasoning skills. Any concept has to be understood with its basis, merits and de-merits.
5.? If the candidates appearing for the first time for civils, the selection of optionals in a right way is a must as it is the most crucial step. Optionals for Preliminary exams must be opted only if you have thorough knowledge of the subject and have great interest.
6. The Study Guides are one way to know the possible questions that will appear in the examination which are very much useful since they provide an idea on how the questions are formulated and which topics are usually covered in the exam and a candidate can save time instead of studying each and every topic rather than focusing on the important topics that appear in the examination.
7. Since the preliminary exam is an elimination round the candidate should focus only on the information that is relevant and leave the rest by discussing with friends who are also preparing for civils or your tutors and by solving past years question papers and at the same time gathering the knowledge of current events and information related to the civils.
8. While preparing for General Studies, a candidate must read many business and political magazines, newspapers etc which gives a good control over the English language that helps to qualify English paper and also keeps updated with the latest facts and current affairs.
9. Civils preparing candidates should have the right frame of mind and the will power to succeed in the exam. With the proper action plan qualities like clarity of concepts, power of retention, ability to identify the correct alternatives with efficiency and accuracy can be developed along with positive attitude to achieve the goal.