How to Prepare for GMAT
GMAT is a Graduate Management test that is conducted only online, for the admission process of MBA programs in other countries like US, Canada and others in the world.? GMAT exam includes the first section as Analytical Writing Assessment which covers the topics like Analysis of argument and Issues, the Quantitative section includes Problem solving and Data adequacy and the last is Reasoning section.
The computer-adaptive structure of the GMAT version is designed to get a more accurate assessment of the candidates skills while asking fewer questions than its paper-based procedure. The software will also ask different types of questions in a unpredictable order, as determined by its algorithm, rather than clustering question types as the written GMAT did.
1. The candidates appearing for GMAT exam should start studying months ahead by setting time for every day to prepare for GMAT. They must decide how much time they need to either attend the course or to study themselves.
2. The GMAT exam Preparation requires understanding the format, practicing sample questions, and reviewing one section at a time allows to attend exam with fully prepared.
3. The candidates should work on reading skills to analyze the passages given in the exam.
4. The candidates preparing for GMAT exam should have good to practice on online exams. But most of the students? do not have the habit of writing online exam. Unless the candidates practice more online tests they cannot succeed in GMAT exam. There are many mock GMAT exams available in Online and this provides them with lots of confidence while attending the actual GMAT exam.
5. There are many websites which offer free study materials that are downloadable to the Internet Community for GMAT Exam. These materials are very much useful for preparing for GMAT exam.
6. There are many types of programmes available which helps in GMAT preparation which are more interactive with professionals who help in solving problems for the candidates preparing for GMAT exam.
7. Many private institutes are available which provide training for GMAT Exam preparation. So the candidates should attend mock tests regularly which tests their skills and gain more knowledge.
8. A good GMAT preparation book are very efficient for practicing tests. Computer programs for GMAT preparation are another inexpensive option for students who prefer self-study
9. The GMAT exam does not allow to skip questions and come back to them later as it is a online test. Unless the candidate answers the it will not move on to the next question.
10. With practice, the candidates will be able to learn how to recognize answer choices that are deliberately deceptive ? and wrong. The candidates can avoid these deceptive choices by using scrap paper, checking answers and using estimation.
11. Knowing the directions for the questions beforehand of GMAT exam will save the valuable time of the candidate. However the candidates must remember that the directions may from that of study material for the questions in the GMAT Test slightly. So it is advised to read the instructions quickly.
12. Don’t get stuck on one particular question for too long. This might cause you to lose precious time and miss questions you could have easily done. The questions at the beginning affect your score more than those towards the end. Take your time with those questions. It is vital that you get those questions right. Getting these correct will dramatically improve your score.
13. If the candidates does not know the answers to some questions, try and use the method of elimination. You may have a very good idea of which option cannot be the answer. Eliminate such options. It narrows down your guess to just maybe two options and sometimes down to one.