OOPS Interview Questions
OOPS Interview Questions
1. Explain what is an object?
An object is a combination of messages and data. Objects can receive and send messages and use messages to interact with each other. The messages contain information that is to be passed to the recipient object.
2. Explain about the Design Phase?
In the design phase, the developers of the system document their understanding of the system. Design generates the blue print of the system that is to be implemented. The first step in creating an object oriented design is the identification of classes and their relationships.
3. Explain about parametric polymorphism?
Parametric polymorphism is supported by many object oriented languages and they are very important for object oriented techniques. In parametric polymorphism code is written without any specification for the type of data present. Hence it can be used any number of times.
4. Explain about multiple inheritance?
Inheritance involves inheriting characteristics from its parents also they can have their own characteristics. In multiple inheritances a class can have characteristics from multiple parents or classes. A sub class can have characteristics from multiple parents and still can have its own characteristics.
5. Explain the mechanism of composition?
Composition helps to simplify a complex problem into an easier problem. It makes different classes and objects to interact with each other thus making the problem to be solved automatically. It interacts with the problem by making different classes and objects to send a message to each other.
6. Explain about overriding polymorphism?
Overriding polymorphism is known to occur when a data type can perform different functions. For example an addition operator can perform different functions such as addition, float addition etc. Overriding polymorphism is generally used in complex projects where the use of a parameter is more.
7. Explain about inheritance?
Inheritance revolves around the concept of inheriting knowledge and class attributes from the parent class. In general sense a sub class tries to acquire characteristics from a parent class and they can also have their own characteristics. Inheritance forms an important concept in object oriented programming.
8. Explain the rationale behind Object Oriented concepts?
Object oriented concepts form the base of all modern programming languages. Understanding the basic concepts of object-orientation helps a developer to use various modern day programming languages, more effectively.
9.Explain about instance in object oriented programming?
Every class and an object have an instance. Instance of a particular object is created at runtime. Values defined for a particular object define its State. Instance of an object explains the relation ship between different elements.
10) Explain about encapsulation?
Encapsulation passes the message without revealing the exact functional details of the class. It allows only the relevant information to the user without revealing the functional mechanism through which a particular class had functioned.
11) Explain about polymorphism?
Polymorphism helps a sub class to behave like a parent class. When an object belonging to different data types respond to methods which have a same name, the only condition being that those methods should perform different function.
12) Explain about object oriented databases?
Object oriented databases are very popular such as relational database management systems. Object oriented databases systems use specific structure through which they extract data and they combine the data for a specific output. These DBMS use object oriented languages to make the process easier.
13) What are all the languages which support OOP?
There are several programming languages which are implementing OOP because of its close proximity to solve real life problems. Languages such as Python, Ruby, Ruby on rails, Perl, PHP, Cold fusion, etc use OOP. Still many languages prefer to use DOM based languages due to the ease in coding.
14) Explain the implementation phase with respect to OOP?
The design phase is followed by OOP, which is the implementation phase. OOP provides specifications for writing programs in a programming language. During the implementation phase, programming is done as per the requirements gathered during the analysis and design phases.
15) Explain about Object oriented programming?
Object oriented programming is one of the most popular methodologies in software development. It offers a powerful model for creating computer programs. It speeds the program development process, improves maintenance and enhances reusability of programs.
16) Explain about a class?
Class describes the nature of a particular thing. Structure and modularity is provided by a Class in object oriented programming environment. Characteristics of the class should be understandable by an ordinary non programmer and it should also convey the meaning of the problem statement to him. Class acts like a blue print.
For more oops interview questions try this book
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Nick Names of Places in India
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes