Responsibilities of Oracle DBA
An Oracle DBA is a senior-level manager who often earns as much as a Vice President, and has lots of responsibility, managing the mission-critical data for the whole company. Oracle DBA’s will be responsible for the deployment and management of enterprise-class operations on the Internet and company Intranet.
Oracle DBA’s are currently earning some of the highest six-figure salaries on the West Coast. An added plus is to diversify training and certifications within design, programming and data warehousing.
Oracle database certifications are very popular database certification programs, high in demand with employers. Becoming certified in a specific database program is a good way to show your skill level.
Eligibility to become a Oracle DBA:
A minimum requirement for database administrator positions A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or another computer related subject. Candidates having excellent problem-solving and analytical skills are essential to the database administrator position.
Applicants must also have strong communication skills since they will be working in a team oriented environment and will also have to communicate regularly with people who most often do not have a computer background and know very little about the subject.
Responsibilities of Oracle Database Administrator :
1. Oracle Database Administrators use database software to store and manage information. They will often set up database systems and are responsible for making sure those systems operate efficiently
2. DBA’s have to make sure that the data they store is backed up regularly, stored effectively, and that the data is secure from unauthorized access.
3. Oracles Database administrators often promote to a senior database administrator and then into a strategic management role within the company, such as a MIS Manager and eventually even on to a Chief Technology Officer role. Some DBA’s specialize in a certain area, such as database security, and become experts in that particular area.
4. A DBA is more of a data facilitator – making sure data is secure, available and is used productively. This involves administrative, maintenance and routine activities such as installing database, user account maintenance, management of backups, performance tuning and data recovery that This requires good knowledge of the Oracle database architecture.
5. The oracle DBA is responsible for designing and maintaining an organization’s database, and ensuring that data is only available only to authorized users
6. The primary responsibility of oracle DBA is utilizing software that will enable them to store, organize and present information. Setting up new databases and ensuring that they are working properly
7. Oracle DBA’s are responsible for implementing security measures to prevent anyone from accessing information illegally and backing up data.
8. As an Oracle database administrator, you’ll manage all of the needs of your company related to the setup and functioning of Oracle software.