SAP ABAP Interview Questions
|SAP | FICO | ABAP | SD | MM | PP | HR | CRM | BW | ERP|
1. What are Field Groups?
Ans: A group that combines several fields fewer than one name, at run time, the INSERT command is used to define which data fields are assigned to which field group are called Field Groups. It should always be a HEADER field group that defines how the extracted data will be sorted; the fields grouped under the HEADER field group sort the data.
2. What are Field Symbols?
Ans: Field Symbols are the place holders for an existing fields, it does not physically reserve space for a field, but points to a field which is not known until the run time of a program. For example the Field Symbol is <FS> [<TYPE>].
3. Explain about CTS?
Ans: CTS is nothing but Change and Transport System it is a tool that helps to organize development projects in ABAP Workbench and in Customizing, and then transport the changes between the SAP systems and clients in the system landscape. This documentation provides with an over view of how to manage changes with the CTS and essential information on setting up your system and client landscape and deciding on a transport strategy.
4. What care should be taken for the performance issues in ABAP Programs?
Ans: The care that has to be taken for the performance issues in ABAP programs by minimizing the amount of data to be transferred, data set must be transferred through the network applications, so reducing the amount of time and also reduces the network traffic.
There are some important measures that are to be taken:
* As defined by ABAP/4 DDIC, the views are used.
* Should avoid nested Selects.
* Instead of using SELECT
* its better to use the field list SELECT clause.
* Should avoid the Range Tables.
5. Describe how do a function module written in SAP?
Ans: In a function module the called program is SE37 for creating Function Group, Function Module by assigning attributes, importing, exporting, tables, exceptions. And for SE38-in program click pattern and write function name- provide export, import, tables, exception values.
6. What is a check table, a value table and name some data dictionary objects?
Ans: The table, which is at the field level checking, is called Check table, the table that will be at domain level checking, is called as value table. Tables, Views, Structures, Lock Objects, Match Code Objects are some of the data dictionary Objects.
7. What is Interactive Report and how does it differ from classical type reports?
Ans: The dynamic drill down report that produces the list on user’s choice is called Interactive Report. When compared with classical type reports, the list produced by classical report doesn’t allow user to interact with the system, the list produced by interactive report allows the user to interact with the system. Once a classical report executed user looses control IR user has control. In classical report drilling is not possible in interactive drilling is possible.
8. List the events in ABAP/4 Language?
Ans: The events in ABAP/4 are Initialization, Selection Screen, Start of Selection, End of Selection, Top of page, Line selection, User command, End, First.
9. Explain about the tables exists in a data dictionary and what are they?
Ans: There are four tables that exists in a data dictionary, they are
* Transparent Tables, which exists with the same structure both in dictionary as well as in data base exactly with the same data ad fields.
* Pool Tables.
* Cluster Tables, which are logical tables that are arranged as records of transparent tables, one cannot use native sql on these tables.
* Internal Tables.
10. What are number ranges, select options and how do they differ from parameters?
Ans: The values from minimum to maximum provided in the selection screens are called the number ranges. A select option declares an internal table, which is automatically filled with values or ranges of values, entered by the end user. For each select option, the system creates a selection table. A selection table is an internal table with fields Sign, Option, Low and High. The type of Low and High is the same as that of <field>. The SIGN field can take the following values: I Inclusive (should apply) E Exclusive (should not apply) The option field can take the following values: EQ Equal GT Greater than NE Not equal BT Between LE Less than or equal NB Not between LT Less than CP Contains pattern GE Greater than or equal NP No pattern. The parameters allow users to enter a single value in an internal field within a report. Select options allow users to fill an internal table with a range of values. For each Parameters or Select Options statement you should define text elements by choosing. Goto – Text elements – Selection texts – Change. When the user executes the ABAP/4 program, an input field for ‘name’ will appear on the selection screen. You can change the comments on the left side of the input fields by using text elements as described in Selection Texts.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Nick Names of Places in India
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes