SAP BW Interview Questions
|SAP | FICO | ABAP | SD | MM | PP | HR | CRM | BW | ERP|
1. What is BW Statistics and how is it used?
Ans: The set of info cubes delivered by SAP as a part of SAP BIW which are useful in measuring the performance of how quickly a query is calculated, or how quickly data in loaded into BW and so on. BW statistics are the name suggest are useful in showing data about the costs associated with BW queries, aggregative data, OLAP, SAP business warehouse management.
2. In Data Ware housing what are the nine decision points?
Ans: The nine Decision Points of Data Warehousing are:
1. Identify Dimension Tables.
2. Identify Attributes of entities.
3. Define granularity of the fact table.
4. Pre Calculated Key figures.
5. Slowly changing dimensions.
6. Define attributes of entities.
7. How long data will be kept.
9. How often data is extracted.
3. How the dimensions are optimized?
Ans: It system can be used as many as possible for performance, for instance it may be assumed that 100 products and 200 customers; if one dimension for both, the size of the dimension will be 20000; if it was made individual dimensions then the total number of rows will be 300. Even if they are taken more than one characteristic per dimension, the math considering worst case and decide which characteristics may be combined in a dimension.
4. What are the advantages of SID table?
Ans: The SIC table Surrogate ID table is the interface between master data and the dimension table, and the advantages are:
1. Uses Numeric as indexes for faster access.
2. Master Data independent of info cubes.
3. Language support.
4. Slowly changing dimension support.
5. How can an info object as info provider and why?
Ans: When the report on characteristics or master data, it can make them as info provided for example make 0CUSTOMER as info provided and do Bex reporting on CUSTOMER, right click on the info area and select “Insert Characteristic as data target”
6. What steps are involved to upload non cumulative cubes?
Ans: The steps that are involved to upload non cumulative cubes are:
1. Initialize opening balance in R/3 (S278).
2. Activate extract structure MC03BF0 for data source 2LIS_03_BF.
3. Setup historical material documents in R/3.
4. Load opening balance using data source 2LIS_40_s278.
5. Load historical movements and compress without marker update.
6. Setup V3 update.
7. Load deltas using 2LIS_03_BF.
7. For info object what is the transfer routine?
Ans: The transfer routine is like a start routine, this is independent of the data source and valid for all the transfer routines, it can be used this to define global data and global checks.
8. Give the Step to Step approach to archiving cubes?
Ans: The Step to Step approach to Archiving Cubes is:
1. Double click on the cube or right click and select change.
2. Extras > Select archival.
3. Choose fields for selection like 0CALDAY, 0CUSTOMER, etc.
4. Define the file structure maximum file size and maximum number of data objects.
5. Select the folder logical file name.
6. Select the delete options not scheduled, start automatically or after event.
7. Activate the cube.
8. Cube is ready for archival.
9. What is the procedure to convert an info package group into a process chain?
Ans: The procedure to convert an info package group into a process chain is by double clicking on the info package group, click on the Process Chain Maintenance button and type in the name and description, the individual info packages are inserted automatically.
10. How can a cube partitioned for which the data already exists?
Ans: The cube cannot be partitioned if the data already exists the cube must be empty to do this, one work around is to make a copy of the cube A to cube B, export data from A to B using export data source, empty cube A, create partition on A, re-import data from B, and delete cube B.