What is Oracle VM VirtualBox
What is Oracle VM VirtualBox
VirtualBox is powerful Cross-platform Virtualization Software for x86-based systems. Oracle Virtualbox is software that allows you to run a virtual machine on a host computer, creating a self-contained operating system
Oracle VirtualBox is used in many places and many ways. One example is that VirtualBox is used in another Oracle product, Oracle VDI to deliver a smarter way of running Enterprise desktops, namely by running them in vm’s on the server, where they are more secure, manageable, and available from many devices.
Oracle VirtualBox already supports a powerful range of networking options from NAT (vm’s IP address is translated in communications) to bridged (the vm is a full network citizen with it’s own publicly accessible IP address) to host-only and internal networking (where vm’s sit on a virtual network inside the host machine).
Oracle VM VirtualBox enables desktop or laptop computers to simultaneously run multiple operating systems, allowing users to get the most flexibility and utilization out of their PCs. Supporting an extensive range of host and guest operating systems, the popularity of Oracle VM VirtualBox is evidenced by its more than 57 million downloads.
Oracle VM VirtualBox provides high performance, support for a large number of virtual appliances available in the OVF format, multi-platform application development and testing, 2D/3D graphics acceleration, and cutting-edge features—including the ability to teleport a running virtual machine between hosts. Available as open source, Oracle VM VirtualBox boasts of a large, vibrant user community.
VirtualBox Manager features:
A major restore of the VirtualBox Manager with features such as VM Preview, an orderable VM list, and optional attribute panes, allows admins or power users to customize the interface to make it as simple or as comprehensive as they require.
Easy shortcut creation enables users to launch vm’s from their Desktop, Start Menu, or from scripts, without the need to start the VirtualBox Manager.
The new scaleable display mode allows users to accommodate more virtual displays on the same amount of physical screen real-estate.
Increased capacity and throughput
New Asynchronous I/O model for networked (iSCSI) and local storage delivers significant storage related performance improvements, especially over 1GB LANs.
Improved ability to run larger vms on smaller 32-bit hosts. This enables large vms, for example, Oracle datacenter-class products, to run on desktop systems such as 32-bit Windows hosts.
Powerful Virtual Appliance sharing
Strongest support for the Open Virtualization Formats in industry. This release strengthens Oracle’s commitment to standards, with the adoption of ovf and now ova format appliances.
Latest virtual hardware
By offering a new, modern chipset supporting PCI Express, VirtualBox can support the most demanding of virtual workloads.
High Definition Audio devices deliver fantastic sound quality for both output and input (microphones) devices.
Hardware offloading for virtual networking increases throughput via virtual NICs.
Powerful port-forwarding rules allow the user to run server vms on their desktop device using NAT networking. This means that user can run, say an Apache web server in a vm and connect to it via a host port.
Open Source Packaging and Licensing
Fully Open Source base product. No longer will there be any confusion about separate editions of VirtualBox. For the first time there is an OSS licensed binary meaning partners do not need to build and maintain their own source tress. This lowers a barrier and is expected to spark increased interest in VirtualBox virtualization solutions.
Flexible Extension Pack mechanism for add-on functions. By delivering a pluggable Extension model in the style of Firefox Extensions, Oracle are providing a way for ecosystem partners to offer value-add functionality in an elegant and powerful way.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes
- Software Testing Tools Training Institutes
- SAP Training Institutes