Who uses Perl Language and its Advantages
Who uses Perl Language and its Advantages
Perl is a high-level programming language which is very widely used though it’s name is not well known outside the programming community as it’s an open source language that lack the marketing “hype” . Perl is just a superb technical tool in a very wide variety of applications. Its name “Perl” is an acronym which stands for the “Practical Extraction and Reporting language”
Perl is object oriented and supports inheritance, multiple inheritance, diamond inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation if you want it to. There’s no boundary between regular Perl and object oriented Perl, it’s all just Perl.
The strengths of Perl make it popular with system administrators and CGI script authors, mathematicians, geneticists, journalists, and even managers also use Perl as it process, file, and text manipulation facilities make it particularly well-suited for tasks involving quick prototyping, system utilities, software tools, system management tasks, database access, graphical programming, networking, and world wide web programming.
Perl excels at text processing, CGI programming, interfacing with databases, low-level applications, high-level applications, GUI applications, simple tasks, complex tasks, small and major projects. Perl has been called the system administrator’s best friend for its ability to make common tasks easy.
Perl is a stable, cross platform programming language used for mission critical projects in the public and private sectors. Perl tends to be a great tool, being used in organizations where it is needed with or without official approval such as in:
Energy, Resources and Manufacturing and
Other large organizations who are known to use Perl are:
BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
Bank of America
DreamWorks Animation etc.
Advantages of Perl Programming Language:
1. Perl’s templating systems and powerful regular expression engine make it a great CGI language. Perl has always been more than a CGI programming language.
2. Perl can be used for image creation and manipulation, networking via telnet, and others, graphical user interface creation, robotics, bio-informatics, VLSI electronics and to create mail filters to minimize spam.
3. Perl has extra modules which allow you to write code in Python, PHP, Java, C, C++, Basic, Ruby, assembler, PDL, TCL, Octave, Guile, S-Lang, Befung and Lua in your Perl script. This means that you can use Perl in conjunction with these other programming languages rather than having to rewrite existing code.
4. Perl can integrate with most modern databases, work with HTML, XML and other mark-up languages, and has full support for unicode.
5. Perl programming language is fast and efficient. It comes with a huge amount of built-in functionality to allow you to do everything from direct string manipulation to web programming.
6. Perl is type-friendly and its native hash type makes it easy to come up with algorithmically efficient answers to problems.
7. Perl’s regular expression engine has set the standard for most modern programming languages and is both extremely powerful and highly optimised for speed.
8. The programming language Perl has large and friendly community. This means that there are plenty of good code examples available and many online forums for questions and answers, discussions of best practices and other important resources.
9. Perl language is open source software, amongst other things this means that bugs are spotted and fixed quickly
10. Using Perl you’re not tied to any one vendor or platform. Perl will continue to be supported so long as it is in use.
11. Perl runs on nearly anything, it comes standard on the vast majority of unix/linux servers and is available free for windows servers. As a result its the most commonly supported language on ISP (Internet Service Providers) hosting servers.
Recent Interview Tips Articles
- Nick Names of Places in India
- What is the Difference between Labour and Employee
- Career as Veterinarian
- Tips to Set Up a Pinterest Business Page
- Career of Aircraft Auto Mechanic
- How to Research the Current Job Market
- Inventory Planning Manager Job Description
- Skills Required for Hospitality Management Career
- Facebook tells its users to ignore rumors spreading on the social network
- How to get started with a career in Journalism
- How to build Professional Photographer career
- Architecture Of .NET and Its Tools
- Dot Net Benefits and its Career
- Tips to Develop Android Applications
- Tips to find Right career Path
- Tips for getting Interview Offers
- Tips To Have Effective Presentation Skills
- SEO Books
- WebSphere Portal Admin Training Institutes
- WebSphere Process Server Training Institutes
- Unix – Sun Solaris Admin Training Institutes
- SAP SD Training Institutes
- WebSphere ID Training Institutes
- SAP Basis Training Institutes
- Oracle WebLogic Server Training Institutes
- Oracle 10g & D2K Training Institutes
- SAP IS Retail Training Institutes
- TIBCO EMS Training Institutes
- Loadrunner and Performance Testing Training Institutes
- Linux Admin Training Institutes
- SAP ABAP Training Institutes
- TIBCO Training Institutes
- C with DS Training Institutes
- Salesforce Training Institutes
- SQL Server DBA Training Institutes
- Selenium Training Institutes
- WebSphere Training Institutes
- SAP BO Training Institutes
- SAS Training Institutes
- Oracle Training Institutes
- OBIA Training Institutes
- LoadRunner Training Institutes
- Joomla Training Institutes
- Informatica Training Institutes
- ETL Testing Training Institutes
- Drupal Training Institutes
- Dot Net Training Institutes
- Android Training Institutes
- Web Designing training Institutes
- WebLogic Training Institutes