Eye care tips
Eyes are one of the greatest gifts of human creation. It is really amazing and astonishing to see and enjoy the beautiful things in the world which is only because of our eyes. Eyes can express any type of feelings; even a person who does not have the ability to talk can express his / her feelings by eyes. We have been to busy taking care of our skin, hair, and other parts of our body but we have put aside eye care most of the time.
- The most used part of our body is the eyes. Have you noticed that you get migraines from driving especially during the night when you encounter bright lights from other cars? I usually have them. I found out that well rested eyes would mean lesser migraines. Rest is one important role in taking care of your eyes.
- This is a common yet very important skin and eye care tip. You should make sure to remove your makeup and wash your face before going to sleep. This can help avoid blockage of hole which can cause skin problems and can irritate the eyes.
- Do not work in dim or weak light, do not read continuously, give 10-15 minutes break for relief to eyes. Whenever you feel itching in eyes, do not rub the eyes too hard, massage slowly.
- Vitamin A and B is very much essential for eyes. Include papaya, eggs, fish, milk, cilantro etc. in your food which contains a large amount of vitamin A & B.
- It is a known fact that looking directly at the sun, lasers or any strong source of light for an extended period of time can make you go blind. However, not many are aware that mere but frequent exposure to sunlight, especially during midday, can cause real damage to the eyes in the long run. That is why, whenever you are driving or walking under the sun, you should always wear sunglasses with good UVA and UVB protection.
- To completely relax the eyes and the surrounding muscles, close your eyes and think of something that is pleasant or soothing and at a distance. Now gently open your eyes and look into the distance. Next focus on an object at arm’s length. Do this extremely relaxing exercise four or five times a day.
- Do not open your eyes deliberately to raindrops. They absorb atmospheric pollutants which could be dangerous for the eyes particularly in Industrial areas.
- Avoid wearing contact lens during eye infection. Never share lens solution and containers with anyone and clean properly before and after use.
- Fish oil and cod liver oil are popular supplements and you can pretty much find them everywhere. In general, good nutrition for the body will translate into good nutrition for the eyes. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat milk will help your eyesight. In particular, lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts are definitely linked to good vision.