Health tips for Rainy season
First rain of monsoon are heartily welcomed by everyone after experiencing the boiling heat of summer. But monsoons reduce the immunity of our body and make us decline to many diseases which are commonly associated with this season. It is time for us to keep our body resistant against diseases by boosting our immunity and taking precautions against these diseases.
The rainy season is the time when due to the high humidity in the air there are various infectious bacteria and viruses which become active and this leads to fevers, throat infections, skin infections etc. ant at the same time this is the season where everyone enjoys and loves rain as it brings joy from within and gives us chance to enjoy the season and eat the best but with proper care as the rainy season is good for soul and body both.
There are some herbs and spices easily available in the kitchen to help prevent infections in your body.
The rainy season the season to pamper your appetite and enjoy the delicious variety of mouth watering food. Avoid heavy, salty food as it promotes water retention and bloating. Avoid fried foods as they decrease the digestive efficiency but you can enjoy the tea and pakoras on a wonderful rainy day, but make sure that rest of the diet is healthy fresh and hygienic.
- Avoid eating raw food in the form of salads at restaurants because you never know whether they have been washed, cleaned and stored well at the right temperature before being served to you instead choose stir fried vegetables.
- Garlic, pepper, ginger, asafoetida (hing), jeera powder, turmeric and coriander help enhance digestion and improve immunity. Consuming a bowl of hot soup is healthy, especially during the rainy season that provide good healthcare.
- Do not indulge in heavy exercises in rainy season, instead walking along with yoga or stretching is better as heavy exercises cause an increase in body temperature which leads to headaches, body aches etc.
- Due to presence of continuous moisture there are various places in body like foot between toes, hands; thigh region etc. can be host for fungal disease. Keep this area dry or wipe immediately when it gets wet. Those who are having diabetes needs to take extra care for foot these days. Please do not walk bear footed. Avoid wearing wet shoes.
- Children love rainy season very much and wants to enjoy this season to fullest. Make them change clothes immediately when get wet. Ask to then take a bath after bath in rain with a good anti septic soap. Ask them to wash hands frequently in this season to avoid infection. Give them good food and avoid too much of junk food which can lower their immunity and can lead to frequent infections and visits to doctor. Give them variety of good food cooked at home itself.
- Make sure the water that you and your family will take in is clean.? If you do not have a stock of purified or distilled water, boil your drinking water first before serving or storing in a storage medium like the refrigerator. This will ensure that your drinking water is free of micro-organisms which are usual causes of common diseases and health conditions during rainy days.
- During rainy season avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and clothes that do not dry readily. Carry an extra pair of clothes for children and elders with you in this season. Wear bright colour clothes while walking on road while commuting as it increase the visibility in poor light conditions and avoid accidents. Avoid wearing clothes like Jeans which does not dry immediately, wear cotton most of the time that is skin friendly.
- People often fall sick in this rainy season, so the best way to prevent getting sick is to avoid going out of the house for too long and getting exposed to the weather conditions outdoor. And for senior citizens there is a chances of injury due to unexpected fall on slippery areas. This can lead to problems avoid going out in rain as far as possible.
- antiseptic liquids like dettol or savlon handy and use for washing off muck or dirt that usually gets splashed around is a very good health tip for rainy season.
- In rainy season the skin becomes dehydrated so moisturize it regularly. You need to be extra careful about cleansing your skin without stripping it of its natural moisture. The cleansing agent should be gentle and yet, it should be strong enough to remove every trace of dust and dirt from your skin.
- Make sure that you and your family are not in close contact with someone who is suffering from a viral infection or conjunctivitis. Children are especially vulnerable to weather changes and infections, so keep them at home for a few days if you know that their playmates are suffering from an illness.
Such health tips are very essential to follow during rainy season for proper healthcare.