How to keep your Website secure
The information technology security is becoming more important as the number of internet crime is increasing day by day for running a website and doing business online. A website needs something more than just a website with goods and services you make sure that a website has security capabilities before do web hosting.? It?s critical to protect an online business against hackers who could steal vital information, or viruses which could bring your computer system and your business to end.
As customers, people want to know that the website owner values their privacy and their security. So as a website owner you have to make sure that your customers trust remains with you.
- Create a secured website as you would do normally with any standard web programming code like HTML, PHP and ASP. But if your website consists of SSL certificate, the customers will feel secure their information is safe as a website requires its customers to enter personal information, such as credit card numbers, addresses and full names, you definitely need to create a secure site. So with the help of SSL certificate your website is verified as secure and is a relief for you as well as your customers. You can either buy these SSL certificates online or purchase them from certificate authorities and make your customers more comfortable to shop on your website. Pay for your SSL service and then install the technology on the information gathering pages of your website.
- To get your website secured domain locking prevents anyone from making changes to your domain’s vital ownership/administrative information. Domain Locking prevents unauthorized or accidental transfers, and stops anyone from misdirecting your name servers. You will also get free Status Alerts with every domain name. Status Alerts monitors key status indicators to your domain and give instant alerts if there is any change.
- As a website is a open book it?s easy for people to claim credit for your work so make sure that as a website owner you have the protection you need to defend yourself. This can be done with C-Site which is an easy way to protect your work and file for a federal copyright where the certain legal proof you need to claim ownership of your work in just minutes. C-Site Protects Web Sites, Source Code, Music, Lyrics, Screenplays, Photos, Poems, Artwork, Advertisements, Audio-Visual Works, Technical Drawings and more! C-Site protects your website?s creative works against infringement and Your copyright certificate is mailed directly to you which Includes Web graphics to show the world your site has federal copyright protection.
- The most important to keep your website secured is to update your computer operating systems. Sign up for the automatic updates that install security patches since hackers often are on the watch out for systems that don?t have the latest safeguards. And look into anti-virus software, again with automatic updates. Software should also be put in place to block spam and detect spyware.
- To keep your website secured change default passwords and account names in place when your computer system was installed. Ensure that both your hosting login credentials, and your CMS login details, are secured. Don’t use short passwords, or the default passwords that were sent to you when you signed up and make sure your passwords are not stored on your system unless they are encrypted. And make sure your CMS is creating regular database backups automatically.
- Use encryption software to protect customers? financial information from theft during transactions. It can halt a hacker who has gotten into the your website but can?t decode the information. If you meet those requirements, your online operation will be secured.
- Use a trusted and secure website payment processing system, such as the free one offered by Pay pal, to take online customer orders as an added layer of assurance for your customers. Pay pal has its own layer of protection built in, so customer information is never transmitted, stored or made vulnerable to theft on your website.
- There is also software that can monitor outbound communications to make sure certain information isn?t leaking out. Limit access of sensitive information to those who need to see it. Limit server access to only those people who really need it should have access to the server. But still carefully control each user’s level of access. And make sure you delete inactive users as quickly as possible. Incase of an organization when an employee leaves, change the passwords and user names that they were using.
- For website security a new concern is emerging about personal smart phones, mobile devices that can handle email and Web surfing. Private phones are more helpless to hacker attack than ones connected to a company network that encrypts email traffic, or monitors phones for suspicious activity.
- Websites are being most often hacked due to its weak security. An average server will be vulnerability scanned 100-1000 times a day by hackers. So always keep things up-to-date and secure to avoid any criminal activity by hackers and your site will lose most of its traffic since Google would have found the hacked pages and taken the site out of circulation. If you come to know that you website is hacked take the site offline as quickly as possible which can be easily done with the URL removal tool from the Google Webmasters toolbar.
- Most Mal ware will affect only parts of your website, such as the footer or the header. In these cases you can just manually edit out any bad areas and roll the site back to fresh code. Run spyware removal programs on a weekly basis, in order to ensure that your computer does not become infected so use Spam filters can be a way in which to protect your computer and website from these nasty attacks keep your website secured.
- The most important secured feature for a website is firewalls. Most web hosting companies should be protected by something called a firewall. For increased control of your website, you should be able to access the structure of the firewall.